Valve have announced that for the first time they will be giving out their own set of, shall we say, ‘unique’ awards during their Steam Awards coming this December.
All you need to do to vote is visit a game’s store page to nominate it for an award – I’ve already voted for three.
Here is a list of the unusual, yet suitable, award categories.
- The “Test of Time” Award
- The “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye” Award
- The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
- The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award
- The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award
- The “Game Within A Game” Award
- The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award
- The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award
- The “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” Award
How many times have we said to ourselves “Just 5 more minutes” and it’s turned into an hour and a half? And I think we all know of a “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug”.
The “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” award will essentially be a create your own award, and the Steam Selection Committee will adjust it the award accordingly based on the feedback provided by you.
Additionally, players can earn up to four badges by completing various tasks.
- Nominate at least one game
- Nominate a game in each category
- Play a game you’ve nominated
- Review a game (or update a previous one) for a game you’ve nominated
Head over to Steam for further details.
Also, while you’re over there, be sure to browse the great specials available during the Steam Autumn Sale, which is officially on as of the 23rd through to the 29th of November.
Give us a heads up on which game you’ll be choosing for an award in the comments.